Vacancy?

Make a statement or start a discussion

Vacancy?

Postby Renovo » Sun May 24, 2009 5:56 pm

Please understand that I do not intend on arguing or being confrontational. I will continue this dialogue as long as it remains charitable. Sedevacantism cannot be proven. However, it does explain the mess that we are in. It explains how the Church of Christ, His Catholic Church, can be perfect and unsullied, with no defect or error. The Novus Ordo Church cannot make this claim. It admits errors and apologizes for them daily. To seek the True Catholic Church I suppose that /first one must recognize that the church in Rome is messed up/ and can't be Catholic. It follows that if that church is not Catholic then the person heading it cannot be Pope. See my comments to your statements below in red.

Quaerite Veritas,

Phil wrote:
> >
> I argue that under the dogma declared by the Vatican Council (1870), we must believe that there will be a living and breathing pope until the consummation of the world. (Matthew 28:20) “/If, then, anyone shall say that it is not by the institution of Christ the Lord, or by divine right, that the blessed Peter has a perpetual line of successors in the primacy over the universal Church, or that the Roman Pontiff is not the successor of the blessed Peter in this primacy, let him be anathema./”
"Perpetual line of successors" does not necessitate "continual" as is evident in that every time a Pope dies there is an interregnum.
>
> _The Catechism of the Council of Trent_ states: “The Church has but one ruler and one governor, the invisible one, Christ, whom the eternal Father hath made head over all the Church, which is his body; /the visible one, the Pope, who, as a legitimate successor of Peter, the Prince of the Apostles, fills the Apostolic Chair. /It is the unanimous teaching of the Fathers that this visible head is necessary to establish and preserve unity in the Church./ /*A visible Church requires a visible head.*”
When there is a Pope it is true that he is its head. But as shown above there does not have to always be a sitting Pope.
>
> As we can see that a living and breathing Pope is necessary. St. Thomas Aquinas in his _Summa Theologica_ defends unity can only come directly from the living and visible Pope. “/The unity of the Church is manifested in the mutual connection or communication of its members, and likewise in the relation of all the members of the Church to one head. Now this Head is Christ Himself, Whose vicegerent in the Church is the Sovereign Pontiff./” (St. Thomas of Aquinas, II-II, Q. 39 A. 1).
And this is why it is true that we must pray for a Pope to keep the Church unified as our Lord Himself said: "I will strike the shepherd, and the sheep shall be dispersed."
> But more importantly we need a living and breathing pope to subject ourselves to him for our own salvation, as Pope Boniface VIII states in his encyclical _Unam Sanctam_: “/Furthermore, we declare, we proclaim, we define that it is absolutely necessary for salvation that every human creature be subject to the Roman Pontiff./”
That encyclical does not require living Popes as we must also be subject to the teachings of "deceased" Popes. And living Popes too of course.
>
> If we then follow the simple syllogism, if we have no pope, how can you and I save our souls? For the papal encyclical _Unam Sanctam_ is infallible, therefore subjugation to the Pope is also infallibly necessary for us. Do you agree with this?
We can save our souls because we still have the teachings of the Popes and the Catholic Church that is in union with them. Sedevacantism is the only explanation for our current situation. It has been studied and proposed by many who are smarter than me. But I will ask you a question because I am intrigued how seemingly pious people can acknowledge these men as Popes. How do you deal with manifest heresy? The head of the Catholic Church can not be a heretic. Modernist men who contradict past teachings of the Church and promote Vatican II errors, resulting in the loss of millions of souls, can not be Catholic let alone Pope.

>
> Dominus Vobiscum,
>
> Phil
>
>
> At 11:12 AM 5/22/2009, you wrote:
>> Phil wrote:
>>> To Whom It May Concern,
>>>
>>> When is the vacancy going to end?
>>>
>>> Dominus Vobiscum,
>>>
>>> Phil
>>>
>> Hello Phil,
>>
>> That is a good question, unfortunately no one knows the answer to it.
>>
>> There are some who feel that this is it, our final chastisement before the end of the world, heralded by the rise of the Anti-Christ who will sit in the chair of Peter. Which LaSalette and possibly the 3rd Fatima Secret warned about;
>>
>> There are some who think that Jesus will directly re-instate a Pope, possibly through Our Lady.
>>
>> There are some who think that the Vatican 2 church by the grace of God will realize its errors and be converted back to the True
>> Catholic Faith. The problem here is that the hierarchy will have to be reconstituted as most, if not all, are invalid.
>>
>> What we do know is that this current state is allowed by God and that He will draw good out of it. We also know that God has not abandoned us and that His True Catholic Church exists and can be found by those that seek the Truth. We have the Papacy that lives through the teachings of our 260 Popes. As God has obviously ordained, the Seat of Peter can remain empty for this time and we can still save our Souls by staying firm to these constant teachings of the Catholic Church over the past 2000 years. The Gates of Hell cannot prevail against the Church even though She has been drastically reduced.
>>
>> Quaerite Veritas,
>>
>>
Renovo
Site Admin

Return to Points & Discussions